Monday, November 17, 2008

Rapid Tournament

Here's an interesting loss, although I think part of the reason of the loss was that it was really really quick. I also didn't understand how the modern defense works, and missed some interesting chances.




I was down to the last minutes and lost on time. I'd post my wins but they were rather uninteresting. Maybe I should ditch these weekend swiss.

Update: This game was part of a relatively successful tournament scoring 2.5/4 against expert opposition. For theory buffs, 10.e5! secures a decisive advantage heading into the endgame. For example, 10...Nc5 11.0-0-0 dxe5 12.Bxc5 Qxc5 13.Qxb7! heading into a razor attack with upon proper defense leads to a lost endgame. However the game turns into a dynamically equal game where white is outplayed.

No comments: